Re: Dogs in TRs

To: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Subject: Re: Dogs in TRs
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:25:32 +0200
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Years ago I used to carry my son and a friend, then aged about six or seven
on the rear seat of my Surrey roofed TR4A and they both seemed to be very
comfortable there. We would visit  the Motor Museum at Beaulieu and Alton
Towers, both trips over 100 miles and attractions of that sort.. Can't do it
now as they are both over six feet and near 200 pounds. However more
recently I have carried our lurcher dog, (about 50 pounds and built like a
greyhound) to his walks and he has enjoyed the ride. However he liked to lie
across the seat, as dogs do in cars, and consequently  took the space which
was enough for two boys.

Perhaps you will have to get your wife to train the Finnish Laphounds to sit
side by side, like small boys and then evryone  will be comfortably
accommodated.

YMMV of course,

David Brister.
1967 TR4A