got driveshaft?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: got driveshaft?
From: "Gary Lied" <tritongreen@ceva.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:20:04 -0400
Larry,  Check out the Victoria British catalog, page 85.  It shows the
location of the bushings, part # 2-7054.  You need four of them.  You may also
want to check out the rear engine mount, page 81, part # 5-540.  This mount is
under the transmission extension and when soft allows alot of movement and
noise.  I believe Vicky Brit is the fastest source for the bushings.
Originally, the car used two different bushings and I had ordered my
replacements from Rimmer Bros.  Unfortunately, they only have one of the
original bushings anymore, so I ordered the remaining two from VB.  They work
fine.  Regarding your driveshaft, it should have nonrepairable, non replacable
CV joints.  If they do go bad, you will be stuck wherever they let go.  Lots
of luck.

Gary Lied,  78,80 TR7s, 74 TR6