Re: e-bay ashtray

To: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: e-bay ashtray
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:06:17 -0400
Really? I don't send messages like that during the auction, because I
figured there might be some idiot policy against it. I do however, send
such messages *after* the auction.

Ebay has the most ridiculous policies I've ever seen. I've compalined
about one boxo who was copying information from my web site to sell his
items, and they decided that "There was no substantial similarity",
despite the fact that he listed cars that never existed, simply because
I put them on my site.

That's an old trick encyclopedia manufacturers used to use, and probably
still do; put in false entries that won't bother anyone, because nobody
would be looking for them. If it turns up in your competitors books, you
know where it came from.

Apparently that's not enough for Ebay.

My solution was just to offer the identical items on Ebay with lower
prices. As long as he's got an auction up, I'll put up one with a lower
price.

Evil and petty, but what the heck! :-)

--
George Richardson