RE: e-bay ashtray

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: e-bay ashtray
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:20:39 -0700
> And for reasons that I cannot fathom, it is against eBay policy
> to send the bidders a polite e-mail, asking them whether they
> are aware that the ashtray is missing parts. That is considered
> "auction interference," and eBay will suspend or cancel your
> account for it.

Well, even as an optimist, I can see a lot of potential for abuse ... you
see something you really want so you email all the other bidders pointing
out it's flaws.  This is a common tactic at "in-person" auctions.

But as a cynic, I'll point out only that it's in eBay's interest to have
things sell for crazy money, as they get a cut.

Randall