Selling my TR-250

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Selling my TR-250
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:46:36 -0500
Folks,

With some regrets I've decided to sell my TR-250 (CD4212L).  I've owned it
(third owner) for about 10 or 11 years and did what I could to keep it
running and avoid deterioration until I could afford the time and expense to
have it properly restored.  Up until Labor Day it was always garaged.  At
that time we moved out of our old house, but moved into an apartment
awaiting completion of the rehab of our new house.

Unfortunately, events have conspired against me during the 6 weeks the car
has been parked on the street.  Late last Thursday night some jerk backed
into the left rear fender from the side, crumpling the sheet metal and
driving the right rear tire into the curb, breaking the seal between the
bead and the wheel and thus deflating that tire.  To make matters worse, the
driver took off without leaving any contact information.

Nobody in the vicinity of where it was parked saw enough to help me track
down the culprit, so I'm left holding the ball (I don't have collision
insurance on the car).  I'm still not in a position to start a restoration
and had planned to just park it covered in the backyard for the winter at
our new house until we get a garage built next spring.  Without suitable
storage and facing an ever increasing restoration bill, I've decided to cut
my losses and just sell it.  With the crumpled fender and resulting exposed
bare metal, it would just start rusting exposed to the elements.  I have yet
to have AAA take it to a mechanic (that will happen tomorrow).  I believe it
will still run and don't think there is any structural or serious mechanical
damage, but only a proper inspection, which I can't do at the moment, will
tell.

I'll take an extra picture or two of the damage to the car and make it
available on my website as well as add description and more pictures I have
laying around.  The car is currently licensed and insured in Illinois, and I
have clear title to the vehicle.  If you think you might be interested in
it, have a look at my Triumph page:

    http://manatee.mojam.com/~skip/triumph/

There are a couple pics of the car and details of the work I did and had
done to properly repair the broken right front suspension a few years ago.
I haven't given a lot of thought yet to how much I'd like to get for the
car.  Obviously somewhat less than if I had sold it a few weeks ago.  If I
don't get any serious bites accompanied by reasonable offers from people on
the 6pack or triumphs lists in the next few days, I'll just put it up on
Ebay.

If you have any questions, drop me a note (skip@pobox.com) and I'll try to
answer them.

--