Re: dead short? TR3b

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dead short? TR3b
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:44:56 -0700
Bill Bryant wrote:

>I arrived home in the car, it was running fine...
>15 minutes later, I go to start it again and it cranks once briefly and then
>nothing, no click, no horn, no lights...

This sounds like the classic jammed starter problem -- the bendix gets
jammed in the flywheel.  The solution is to put the gearbox in 4th and
rock the car backwards... pushing on the top of a rear wheel gives you
good leverage.  If the starter is jammed the car will not want to move
at all... then suddenly it should let go with a decided 'pop'.

>when ignition key is on, it is hot right to the starter, in fact when the
>ignition is ON EVERYTHING IS HOT!  The block, the fender, EVERTHING tests
>hot...

This I don't understand -- if everything is hot as you say, what are you
using for a ground when you test it?

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Mt Lemmon, AZ