Re: TR250 Power

To: Peter Logan <logan@pt.lu>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250 Power
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:02:10 -0400
On my TR250, I am going with:

9.5:1 Compression ratio.
Later wide port head (probably makes no difference)
Integral Cams Stage II cam 274 duration .425 valve lift.
www.integralcams.com
Later TR6 "swept" intake manifold. (makes a difference???)
Stock dual coil TR6 valve springs.
Mild head porting.
Three angle valve grind
Jag B1E needles in dual ZS carbs (from Joe Curto)
Stock Exhaust manifold
Bottom end balanced
Cam bearings
Lighten connecting rods (makes a difference ???)
Stock exhaust header.

I have been told to expect 140 to 150 hp. Engine is not together yet.

May go with triple ZS (Richard Good) and Falcon Exhaust headers in pass
II -- depends on how this goes.

See Richard Good for triple ZS and other "Good" things www.goodparts.com

You should hang out at 6pack@autox.team.net. Kissing cousins of the
triumphs crowd, and where all the 6 cylinder TR6 and TR250 folks are.

Don Malling