Re: TR4 Head

To: "Dave B. Hammond" <dbh@hamengr.com>, "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Head
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:39:17 -0400
The below quoted passage was taken from Terri Ann Wakeman's web site and is
a quote of a quote by Ken Gillanders who knows something about TR's. I'm
just forwarding previously written information.

Jerry Van Vlack

"If you do decide to mill the head, be sure to start by measuring for any
previous milling. According to Ken Gillanders, the stock head measures
between 3.325 and 3.330 from the valve cover gasket surface to the head
gasket surface. Ken also suggests .060 off the head and a thin head gasket
as being the maximum for the street.

Randall Young"