Wanted: ZS 175CD with adjustable needles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted: ZS 175CD with adjustable needles
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 17:55:49 -0800 (PST)
Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I put the stock Strombergs on my TR6.
The car has had weber down drafts on it ever since I've owned it.

Once I put the correct later intake manifold on . . .fitting those webers on
was pretty tight .. .

So I decided to try out the Strombergs.

Mine were the early type that didn't have adjustable needles.

And for some strange reason . . . no matter what I did, the car was still
running excessively lean.

So I borrowed some later carbs from a friend,  swiped the top covers / pistons
/ diaphragms and needles and dropped them in my car.
Raised the needles up a few turns and viola!  car works much better.

I'd really like to give my friend his carbs back in the same condition he
lended them to me.

So . . . I'm once again begging the list for anyone who has a couple of stock
carbs (or top covers / airvalves) they'd like to sell.

Otherwise, I suppose I'll try and use Nelson Riedel's method to convert mine to
adjustable needles.

Either that or go back to the webers.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Tilton