RE: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold
From: Jim <cartr4a@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:19:22 -0800 (PST)
I didn't have any luck removing mine in one piece either.  The space between
the head of the bolt and the threads is the weakest part, it's thin, probably
corroded, and has several holes in it.  Mine was so weak that at first the bolt
turned fairly easily with a socket...I thought I got lucky and it was coming
out.  By the time I made about 1/2 turn, the bolt head was in the socket!

All was not lost.  About 20 minutes of heat and a big Easy-Out and the threaded
end came right out with no damage to the manifold threads.

My advice...have a new bolt on it's way.

Jim
'67 TR4/A
'68 GT6
'72 GT6