RE: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:22:32 -0800
> What the heck IS a banjo bolt, anyway?

It's hollow and has holes in the side.  It goes through a banjo fitting,
which is circular and surrounds the bolt, so liquid or gas can flow from
inside whatever the bolt is screwed into, through the center of the bolt and
into the fitting (which usually has a hose or line attached).  Seems fairly
peculiar to British and German engineering, I don't recall ever seeing one
on an American car.

The particular bolt we're talking about goes into the water passage through
the GT6 intake manifold, the fitting has spigots for two hoses to be
attached.  ISTR one hose goes to the heater and the other to the head, but I
could be mistaken about that.

Randall