Re: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removal of banjo bolt GT6 intake manifold
From: kmdalton@AircraftBraking.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:07:24 -0500 2002) at 10/28/2003 07:07:27 AM
Dave wrote,

"Has anybody successfully removed the banjo bolt from the rear of a GT6 or
similar
intake manifold?  I am guessing that whacking it a few times with a BFH and
then
applying heat before leaning on it with a 1/2 " drive socket is about the
only way to
do it.  Reinstallation will involve teflon tape and large quantities of
anti seize compound.
thanks,"

Hello Dave,

All I can say is, yes I have tried, and so did a half dozen different
wrecking yards back in the late 80's.  NO, I was not successful, and
neither were the half dozen wrecking yards (one yard tried three times).
In the end, I bought a used intake that didn't leak at the banjo bolt
fitting.  I hope you have better luck than I did.  I still have a couple of
intakes with broken fittings sitting on a shelf if anyone could use one!

Kevin Dalton