RE: TR-4 Cly Head crack

To: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>, "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-4 Cly Head crack
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:25:08 -0700
Bob,

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Almost every TR3-4 head I have ever seen has the same crack, including my
current head. In Kas Kastner's latest book there are several pictures of a
TR head and it has the very same crack, without any comments relating to the
crack. My head is in a machine shop right now for a "check up" because of a
blown head gasket, and the machinist said that "they all have that crack!"

I can't comment on why one of your heads is "repaired" and one is not!

As always of course, YMMV!!

Good luck,

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3