TR6 radiators

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 radiators
From: "Ann and Billy Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:19:40 -0500
Surprising findings at the radiator shop:

Both radiators came off of 1972 TR6's.

One, however, was a "heavy duty" radiator- it was 2 point something inches
thick and the other was 1 & 7/8".  Both were Standard brand Triumph radiators.
I've never heard of a heavy duty radiator having been offered as optional on
TR's, but it's possible that one had been recored at some point.  Mr. Best @
Best Radiator said they both were original though.  I suppose they can tell if
one has been recored.

Both were 3 row systems.

I haven't measured my '69 radiator yet- Moss lists 3 "different" radiators for
different year models.
Anyway, Mr. B said the only way you could get more cooling from the R's was to
increase width or height- I may look in to that.

Does anyone out there on the lists have any ideas about this subject and how
to get best cooling?

What is the difference in radiators from one type to the next anyway?

What is the best oil cooler setup for a TR6?