Re: TR6 radiators

To: "M D Nugent" <carcentric@yahoo.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 radiators
From: "dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 02:43:08 -0000
Sorry I disagree with the statement that extra cooling is only to be
achieved by extra frontal area.

Yes, his opinion of heat transfer being better with a larger frontal surface
area is true but also more rows or added thickness of the core achieves the
same thing, more surface area hence more cooling. This is particularly
important where space restriction applies.

A typical instance I had recently at my shop was a guy who had meticulously
built a kit car that looked much like an early 50s (now here is a dirty
word) MG. Because of the shape needless to say it had a very narrow nose
cone. The fault he had was that it overheated regularly even with the
addition of an electric fan. The kit manufacturers had recommended a custom
built radiator made by them costing many hundreds of pounds. Enterprisingly
the guy had sought a suitable secondhand unit of the correct dimensions to
fit, thinking that a radiator is a radiator.

The solution was simple I replaced the original twin row core for a four row
core. Problem solved QED. and it still saved him a lot of cash.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O