RE: Water Pump Grease Fitting Missing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water Pump Grease Fitting Missing
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 04:05:32 -0800
> I have
> found it easier than replacing it with another 'permanently lubricated'
> something or other..........on my cars.....I must have replaced
> 10-12 'permanently
> lubricated' water pumps.   I think permanent means about 3-4 years, eh?

I was trying to figure out how long my "permanently lubricated" water pump
bearings have lasted ... this engine was "spotted in a cornfield" around
1987, driven from Texas to California and parked again, then transplanted
into my daily driver around 1991.  I've still never changed the water pump
(which doesn't have a grease zerk), even though I've got several spare pumps
on the shelf.

Of course now that I've said that in public, it will start squalling on the
way to work today <g>

Randall