it's the media! (Was: parts tumbler)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: it's the media! (Was: parts tumbler)
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:59:00 -0500
Vibratory parts cleaners are stocked at most larger gun stores.  The
places that sell reloading presses & stuff for making your own ammo will
typically stock them in the smaller sizes.  They're used for polishing
brass cartridge cases.  For cleaning nuts & bolts & stuff, this would be
just the ticket.

HOWEVER the walnut shell media sold for polishing not-very-dirty brass
would not be suitable for rusty steel.  I've not tried this, but if
Eastwood doesn't sell a suitable media, I think I would first try a bit
of clean sand.
--
Douglas Frank            There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's ...
HP Co.                   pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction