RE: Upcoming trip ti England

To: "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Upcoming trip ti England
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:10:17 -0500
Bill:
I went to the Heritage Motor Center in  Warwick located near Coventry (I took
the train from London, about 1 1/2 hours north to the Leamington Spa train
station and then took an $8 cab ride to the museum). It's a very nice building
with a wide range of British cars. It's owned by Rover, so they are a bit too
well represented. There was only one TR6 on display, no TR3s, 4s, 250s or 5s,
which was a bit disappointing.There was also a second British car museum in
Coventry that I did not visit. To entice your wife to go along with you,
Shakespeare's house is not far from Coventry.

While in London, I visited the TR Shop and purchased a couple of items. If you
spend enough, e.g., $100 or more, they will do the paper work for you to get
reimbursed for the 18%VAT (ad valorem tax). There are several TR parts shops in
the London area, but I couldn't get to all of them. I had to visit museums to
look at dead people's paintings.

We were there in October and had perfect weather and a great time. BTW, the
best deal on Internet cafes is at Burger King and McDonnalds in Piccalilli
Circus. I loved London. Had a great time. Hope your wife doesn't make you go to
Paris.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6