TR6 Air Pump

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Air Pump
From: MTFIP1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:47:31 -0500
All,

In the midst of caring for some coolant issues, my 76 TR6 developed a sqeaking
noise coming from the engine.  (It was fine prior to the coolant issues, when
it rains it pours I guess) So when I removed the air pump and noticed the
pulley turns rather stiff and emits the same type of squeak.  To further
investigate I removed the 3 bolts and took it apart.  Of course now that I have
it in two pieces I don't know what exactly to do   Has anyone rebuilt these
before?  I know I can re-grease the bearings, but what else. The drum hits the
inside on the housing and is the cause of the sqeaking on each rotation.  Does
that need lubrication of some sort?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mike