Stiff A-arm Bracket - cause for alarm?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stiff A-arm Bracket - cause for alarm?
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:17:38 -0800
I'll just throw this out to the group to see what everyone thinks.  I am
reassembling my front suspension on my TR4A, and I switched the lower
fulcrum brackets from the single bolt to the dual bolt design.  Three of
the four arms pivot nicely once they are installed in the brackets with
poly bushings, but the fourth is somewhat tight, and once mounted on the
car, it takes a some amount of pressure to move the arm assembly
(obviously just the arms are attached - no spring, shock, etc).  It was
stiff when I put it together (actually a couple of times, so see if it
was the bracket that was causing the stiffness - same way on two
different brackets).  I don't remember the arm being this stiff in its
mount when I mounted or dismounted and disassembled the front end
before.  My thought was that, since there's the steel sleeve in there,
that once it's on the road, the poly bushing will wear a little bit,
then it'll be fine - I can't imagine that any harm can come from this.
Any thoughts?

TIA

Jeff
'66 & '67 TR4A