Exhaust smell (was old fluif)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust smell (was old fluif)
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:24:34 -0500
I have been scratching my head over the stinky-clothes phenomenon for
a while now. I experience the same thing with my car. It's not a
gasoline smell, but an exhaust smell. My car is tuned as well as I
can get it, although there may be room for improvement. I know I
didn't have this problem years ago when I bought the car, and I know
that the fuel I used to buy (leaded premium) didn't do this. I have
the feeling that the current formulation for gasoline may be at least
in part to blame for it. It's to the point that when I take the car
on a long trip, I wrap my luggage in large trash bags to keep it from
smelling when I get to my destination.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)