Re: Ted and the Kas manual

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: Ted and the Kas manual
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:11:34 -0500
Cc: Ronnie Babbitt <rbtr3a@cox.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> hBMFH8Gx022347
Message text written by "Michael D. Porter"
>I agree with all said. In fact, I'm glad for the reminder. When Kas
announced the book was available, I said, "yeah, right on, I'll send you a
check right away." Well, I forgot, and the check, already written out, is
still sitting in a box on top of the computer monitor--life's been a bit
hectic.

In general, though, this question comes up once or twice a year from people
who often don't check either the rules or the archives. People using the
list solely as a commercial venue aren't particularly welcome. Occasional
commercial references, such as Ted's recent message, aren't a problem.
Everyone, at one time or another, has something to sell.
<

Indeed.  Since the purpose of the list is to support the owning,
maintaining and enjoyment of Triumphs it is a venue for sharing technical
information, moral support and info of parts sources.  As such, I think
that the occasional post announcing the availability of some part or
service is fine.  But repeated and frequent posts are on the verge of being
spam.  But rest assured that anyone trying to engage in this kind of
behavour will be resoundly bounced from the list.

Cheers and here's hoping a good 2004 to you, Michael.  And the rest.

Dave