Re: Minilite clones - any experience or recommendations? m>

To: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minilite clones - any experience or recommendations? m>
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:12:43 -0600
I used K & N for five years on my vintage racer. They worked just fine but
the nuts that hold them on are shoulder nuts with a straight portion
fitting down inside the stud holes. For a race car, that's very
inconvenient for an old fart like me who gave up picking up heavy things
long ago.

I now have a set of Panasports. They are considerably lighter and use nuts
that have a taper on them. I think fancy fasteners are available, but I
just use plain old Chrvy lug nuts. I don't think you would ever notice the
weight difference on the street.