RE: TR6 transmission disassembly -I got it!

To: "'6 List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 transmission disassembly -I got it!
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:31:45 -0500
Cc: "'Jack W. Drews'" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, "'Irv Korey'" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
I was able to remove the extension by holding the transmission off the
floor by the rear mounting ears while my lovely and talented wife
pretended the end of the mainshaft was my head and beat it with a
brass-headed hammer. I was happy, but she was disappointed it only took
15-20 blows to dislodge.

Thanks to Jack Drews and Irv Corey for their responses.
Irv, you had me scared for a while with your experience, as this
transmission has obviously been neglected while in operation.

Thanks,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA