Re: Rear Oil Seal Conversion & Big End Bolts

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Oil Seal Conversion & Big End Bolts
From: "Larry Plott" <lplott@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:19:07 -0500
Just a note of thanks to all that responded to my two questions.  I have
ordered the oil seal conversion and have decided that my existing connecting
rod bolts are acceptable for re-use.  I like the idea of using the Locktite
but will probably use the blue Locktite since no one will expect that the red
type was used at the next rebuild and they will not know to re-heat the rods
to disassemble...

This is a great list and resource to anyone interested in preserving a small
piece of automotive history.  Thanks again.

Regards,

Larry Plott
lplott@triad.rr.com
1967 TR4A-IRS