Re: Fuel Filter, Herald gas tank capacity

To: etiesele@metrolist.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Filter, Herald gas tank capacity
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:13:15 EST
In a message dated 12/30/2003 5:19:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
etiesele@metrolist.net writes:

> I dont see any bubbles forming in the fuel either.  It doesn't look right
> but I dont suffer from fuel starvation, so I really dont know if this is a
> problem.  I guess I'll keep driving as it doesn't seem to cause any problems
so
> far.

I have a very similar situation with the fuel filter on my Herald 1200.

> On another note, how many gallons does a Herald's gas tank hold?  I fill up
> when the gauger gets low and I have never put in more than 6.5 gallons.

It should be 8.4 US gallons, with the reserve "holding back" around 1 gallon
of that. Great feature, that reserve (don't ask how I know)! ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.