RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?

Subject: RE: Is it possible to get a TR3 for under $5,000?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:07:27 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> VanDerAkker
> Do you have a lonk for the transmission conversion?

Herman van den Akker has no web site of his own, this is strictly a hobby
for him and he's not especially Internet-literate.  However, here's a copy
of his flyer that someone has put up on the web.

http://www.blindmoosefab.com/hvda.htm

I would definitely talk to Herman first tho, I don't believe that price is
right unless it includes the transmission, and Herman prefers that you
provide your own.  They're readily available at any junk yard that handles
Japanese cars, and providing your own also cuts way down on shipping costs.

Herman will answer emails eventually, but since he's nominally retired (like
I said, this is a hobby), don't expect real prompt responses.

IMO the conversion is only worthwhile as a low-cost alternative to an
overdrive transmission.  I prefer my A-type OD.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, WooHoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wannabe (waiting for OD transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly