TR4 axle bump strap dim?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 axle bump strap dim?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 10:31:14 -0500
Listers,

Would some kind soul please give me a rough dimension of the rear axle bump
strap on their TR4 or solid axle TR4A?  I'm preparing to reassemble
bit/pieces on my nicely painted frame (at looooooooooong last!) and have
been wondering about two (either side) threaded studs sticking out of the
frame on the spring side.  During casual reading of the shop manual last
night (yeah, I need a life: who the hell reads the shop manual for fun??)
it hit me: they're the mounting studs for the rear axle bump
strap.  Fabricating new straps will be trivial, but I don't know the proper
dimension.

Tnx

Jim

--