RE: batterys

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: batterys
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 07:33:36 -0800
> I have 2 of the HF $7.00 battery maintainers, but I've heard nasty
> comments about them on these lists. They fail and can ruin batteries.
> Maybe they should only be used on a fully charged battery? Any comments
> anyone?

I also have 2 of them, one of which failed within a day of being connected
to a fully charged battery.  Wouldn't have hurt the battery, just wouldn't
have maintained it either.

They are _supposed_ to be current regulated, so it won't harm them to be
connected to a discharged battery.  However, they don't put out enough
current to actually charge it either.

I'd rate them as better than nothing ... but not a whole lot better <g>

Randall