Re: TR3A oil pressure/oil pump

To: Ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A oil pressure/oil pump
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:14:36 EST
In a message dated 01/04/2004 9:39:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> One unusual thing about the late 10" brakes (I think it is) that can cause
> some unusual symptoms : there is an adjustment for each shoe that holds it
> parallel to the braking surface.  If the adjustment is out, the brakes may
> drag or make a clunking noise after a stop.
>
> I haven't actually got into the problem as yet, but I can say that it is the
rear brakes which bind, and driver side at that. The description, "make a
clunking noise after a stop" hits it right on. If I ride the brake to a stop
this
will happen, pumping slightly to a stop, it does not. This became evident
after I adjusted the brakes over the summer. I was thinking that the adjuster
is
somehow the culprit. I have ruled out the emergency brake as a possibility. How
would I know if the braking surface is not parallel (to the drum?). Would the
shoe be worn more to the inside or outside if this is the case?
TIA & Best Regards,
Ed (58 TR3A)