VTR Richmond & 2004 National

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Richmond & 2004 National
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:22:22 -0500
     Recently I received an invitation to serve as auctioneer for the VTR 2004
National Convention.  I had volunteered this service for the VTR Regional at
Richmond a couple of years ago and I am delighted and honored that they have
remembered me and invited my to serve in the same capacity for the 2004
National event.

     With intense regret, I have declined the invitation.  My wife has received
a Lily Clergy Renewal Grant. (Yes, it is true, I do sleep with a priest.  SHE
is an Episcopal priest.) The grant provides full funding for family travel to
the UK for the summer of 2004. I will be touring with my family through
England, Wales, and Scotland from June 11 through July 28.  If it was not for
this wonderful opportunity to travel the UK with expenses paid, I would have
accepted the VTR 2004 - Richmond invitation in a heart beat!

     I would urge EVERYONE to make plans to attend the Richmond VTR event.  The
Regional they hosted three years ago when the National Convention was on the
west coast was SIMPLY SUPERB!  While Richmond is rich in History from the
Colonial era and days of being the Capital of the Confederacy, those from the
North, the South, the East and the West will receive a grand Southern Welcome
from the hosts of VTR Nationals this year.  The saying is that "Virginia is for
Lovers" but I am sure you will come to love Virginia and I know you will be
impressed with the effort the Richmond VTR club will make to insure a variety
of activities that will be fun for one and all.

     Again, Richmond VTR organizers, THANK YOU for the invitation.  You cannot
imagine the depth of my regret in not being able to accept.

Sincerely and respectfully yours,
Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, Indiana

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.