RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Build Year or Sale/Title Year?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:25:59 -0800
> If it's the curious trying to make
> conversation, I
> simply say "it's regestered as a '61 but I have reason to believe that it
> was actually built in '59" - well it DOES make conversation,

I've found that unless it's a serious car nut making conversation, most
people's eyes tend to glaze over at that point ...

I also checked this morning, a 2002 California title has only "year model"
and "year first sold" on it.  No mention of year of manufacture.

I believe they use "year model" for emissions purposes, and "year first
sold" for tax purposes.

Randall