Re: Removing U joints from IRS axles TR250 TR6

To: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing U joints from IRS axles TR250 TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:57:27 -0500
Hi Greg,

Thanks, I soaked them in PB Blaster last night so I will try again this
am. I was using a rubber mallet before, so maybe it's time to "get a
bigger hammer".

This is the first time around for me so I never know the limits, and am
afraid of breaking parts that may be hard to replace.

I loosened the circlips with a hammer and a small phillips, and then the
circlip pliers after that, so that is some progress. The circlip pliers
  alone worked on one axle but not the other.

Don