Crease in Vinyl

To: "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crease in Vinyl
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:13:35 -0500
My TR3A dash refinishing kit's vinyl has creases in it from where the
manufacturer/distributor folded it to fit in the packaging.  I have had them
laid out on a flat surface with books/weight for 3 weeks now to try and get
rid of the crease mark, but with no luck.  Can you iron the vinyl at a low
heat to try and remove the crease mark?  Any other thoughts would be
appreciated since I do not want to start gluing these on the glove box door
and dash only to end up with a noticeable crease in the vinyl.  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3