RE: TR3a seat rebuilding

To: "a Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3a seat rebuilding
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 13:04:52 -0500
Jim:

I spoke to John S. at TRF the other day about the TR3 seat springs since I
had ordered a pair when they were first considering offering them.  They are
currently putting the seat springs together at their shop.  I assumed they
would have them produced/outsourced, but they bought all the material and
are assembling them there.

I too am interested in any replies on the wood.  You need 1/8" thick wood to
allow the bend.  They take split rivets to fasten to the base, but I think
regular rivets would do.  The tacks used are #4, I believe, but could be
wrong here.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6