RE: Seattle area sandblasting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Seattle area sandblasting
From: "Gene" <geneglenn@qwest.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:53:40 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com [mailto:ZinkZ10C@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 7:14 PM
To: geneglenn@qwest.net

Good post but it didn't go to the list, just me!  Might be a good idea
resend.

Harold

<< Subj:     RE: Seattle area sandblasting
 Date:  2/4/04 1:05:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:  geneglenn@qwest.net (Gene)
 To:    ZinkZ10C@aol.com

 List,

 We just finished glass bead blasting 5 TR3 steel wheels with #10 glass
 beads which I have used on aluminum aircraft parts for 20 years.  They
 were too fine for heavy rust removal.  Glass beads to a fantastic job
 and don't rough up the surface, but one must go coarser than # 10.  If
 you don't have a severe rust problem #10 produces a beautiful satin
 finish.  For heavy rust one will have to go down very close to a #4 or
 be willing to spend a lifetime in front of a blasting cabinet.  The
 lower the number, the coarser the bead, and I think the range is from
 #13 (fine) to #4 (coarse).

 Gene Glenn