Fwd: Radiator Overflow Bottle -- TR4A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Radiator Overflow Bottle -- TR4A
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:16:17 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2004 11:01:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:
http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/overflowbottle2.jpg
Et. al. .........

As added comment to this thread.........

TRA "Judging Standards & Restoration Guidelines"........states:

RADIATOR OVERFLOW

On TR4s the radiator overflow was a plastic tube that went down the
right side of the radiator.  It dumped excess collant off the car.
The TR4A used a closed system with plastic overflow tube that went to
a white plastic bottle with a black painted steel cap mounted on the
front right body mount.  The bottle bracket was steel painted black or
plated"

My TR4A CTC 69120L has a square bottle (with one corner's arris
relieved) forming a five sided polygon.  On side has a special shaped
extrusion that fits in it's bracket.  This bracket is attached to the
wheel well.  The over flow hose is attached at the bottom, not the
top.  Only markings are .......lines with MAX and MIN............

Doesn't sound correct, eh?.....or is it a variant from the
factory.......or did Some PO, being unable or unwilling to replace a
cracked original bottle, replace it with some universal type????

Anybody got any ideas?

As an aside: I only got 3rd Concours, National VTR Convention, in
1993, which I entered, just on a lark, cause it was close to
home......but back then..........no one ever told you what was
wrong.......Do they tell you now?....I hope so, then you can fix what
is wrong, if you took a great notion!?  So I have no idea if they
subtracted points for my radiator piss bottle, or not!.....<g>.......

Cheers!

Clark