Re: Radiator Overflow Bottle -- TR4A

To: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>, "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Overflow Bottle -- TR4A
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:22:43 -0500
Paul and others. I wrote to George and neglected to "Reply to All". The
overflow bottle bracket on a TR4A mounts at the right side radiator mount.
The bracket slides between the frame and the radiator and is located by a
small tab that is bent down to fix it from rotating. I mentioned that the
TR4A radiator is wider than a 4 and that the frame is also different, so I
didn't know if it would work on a TR4. I see that Carl Sereda has written
that he was successful in mounting the bottle at the same spot on his TR4.
So it looks like mounting it at the right side radiator mount will work on a
TR4 as it does on a TR4A.
JVV