RE: coil springs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: coil springs
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:25:10 -0800
> What about springs?  Do they ever need to be replaced?
> How can you tell?  I have no idea if the ones on the car are original or
> not.  What be the recommendations from the guru's of the list?

I believe the specifications are in the manual, if they still meet the
original specs then they are probably fine.

My 59 TR3A is still wearing it's original coil springs.  After a whole bunch
of miles, they're still fine.

Haven't heard any bad remarks about replacement front TR2-4 springs, but
folks sure seem to have a lot of trouble with the rear coil springs for the
later cars.  Might just be another case where "they don't make them like
they used to."

Randall