ADVICE ON LUCAS HORNS

To: "Triumph Digest List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ADVICE ON LUCAS HORNS
From: "Dave Rogers" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:28:07 +1100
    I am attempting to repair two Lucas Horns (Model 9H high and low) for my
TR6. I have dismantled them and would like some guidance from either someone
who has been there, done that OR can put me on a good website that has the
relevant information. I have had a look on the net but have had no luck but
this is more likely to be a skill problem on my part.
    In particular, I am interested in how to set the horns up ie, points gap
etc. to ensure they work before re-riveting the cases back into one piece.
The diaphragms had some surface rust but all has been removed and the rest
of the interior is still in good nick.
     Off net advice may be preferable if detail is lengthy. TIA

Dave Rogers
Canberra Australia