Re: TR3A 10"rear brakes wheel cylinders, etc.

To: Ryoung@navcomtech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A 10"rear brakes wheel cylinders, etc.
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 07:36:37 EST
In a message dated 02/12/2004 7:52:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

> Unless there is some very definite reason the drums have to be turned, I'd
> leave them alone !
>
> At least until you find a new pair of 10" drums to have in reserve.
> Otherwise, that's some _very_ expensive metal to be turning into chips
> without a darn good reason ...

Randall,
You've got a point ... the brake drum surfaces are smooth, no pitting or
scores. I had thought that it would be good to turn since they're out and I
have
the time. I'll re-consider. I guess its not likely they are out of round if
there is no visible evidence. Any thoughts?
Ed