Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)

To: r_rochlin@hotmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:10:38 EST
In a message dated 2/14/2004 2:40:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
r_rochlin@hotmail.com writes:

> was
> told by the dealer that since water has gotten into the engine the engine
> needs to be replaced

Bob,

I thought the same thing back about 5 years ago when the head gasket in our
'93 Taurus blew - 41,000 miles.  The dealer was confident that no serious harm
had been done to the engine and we had both head gaskets replaced.  Now at
77,000 miles - no problems and the fuel mileage has actually improved.
Footnote
- yes it was a 3.8 Liter V6 but since it wasn't manufactured in the same
engine plant as the millions of other Ford 3.8L engines that also had failed
head
gaskets, Ford still hasn't seen fit to extend their "goodwill" warranty to
me.....maybe if I keep it just another few more years!!??

Chip Krout
Skippack, PA  USA

1976 TR6 #CF57822U - "CHP 75R" (Coventry {CHP} Build Date July 5 {75}, 1976
{R}) - one of the last 500 built!