Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)

To: wayne@brazinski.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)
From: Popnglo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:41:53 EST
In a message dated 02/14/2004 5:47:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wayne@brazinski.com writes:

> We are getting rid of our 1996 Windstar (next week hopefully!)
>>> Donated mine to the fire department as a tax write off last year.

> 1) Count on the head gasket blowing. Ours had the same symptoms.
>>> First one ... at 63,000 wrote a nasty letter to Ford and they re-imbursed
me. And then about 6 months later had a re-call on the head gasket, changing
the warranty (I forget the detail now). At 120,000 same thing happened ...
which is why it it now FD practice fodder.

> 3) Count on the trans blowing up before 100K.
>>> Same vehicle needed a tranny at 85,000
>
> 5) Don't quote me on this but I think there *might* be a class action
> lawsuit against Ford on this car.
>>> count me in. Though I don't actually own the car, the pissin' and moanin'
would at least take some of the sting. My Ford experiance is over... the
first and last. The vehicle was a '95 (1st year). For that matter my mini-van
needs are over too. As far as I'm concerned the Windstar was a POS.

Ed