Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)

To: "Triumphs" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blown head gasket (non LBC)
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:48:04 -0500
> KNOWN problem with the car.

--I sent this reply yesterday, still haven't seen it come up---(Yes- I did
remove the trailer...)

 My 1988 F150 has 199,500+ miles- original engine from what I was told. Runs
ok, has a permanent "Check Engine"  light(had been a flashing one till a
mechanic "fixed" it...) has had the axle replaced, and the tranny seems odd,
but works. Ford used to put out a decent product. I may be the last driving
owner this vehicle has- unless I find some guy needing to haul crap around
the farm... I just wish it was the 1988 F150 I owned in '90- I LOVED that
truck, and owned it from almost new. I won't buy just about ANY new car from
ANY company any more- I hate their designs. Everything looks like a buggered
M&M candy. Or a "Retro" that hits just short of ugliest vehicle on earth. or
a Stupid Useless Vehicle- which is newspeak for a dino-guzzler that the
people have been brainwashed into believing is an absolute god-sent
necessity if you have kids. (My parents raised 4 of us with only a station
wagon at best! I intend to tell the wife, when I find one, buy whatever you
like with your money, but don't expect me to drive it if you buy an SUV!)
And Chevrolet earned my eternal dislike when they took the Impala line, and
cut its nuts off. Don't start me in a rant about Herr Schemp at Damliar(sp.
int) Chrysler after those idiots killed Plymouth. All the GOOD auto
designers have died or gone insane. Happened in about 1974. See what happens
with too much interference from the government on required safety standards!
At least my 1988 Jaguar XJ40 was designed with some sense- the last car Jag
designed with input from one of the two original Jaguar founders.

Scott
60 Ford Fairlane
88 Jag XJ 40
88 F150