RE: Ford Bashing (was: head gasket) NO LBC

To: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ford Bashing (was: head gasket) NO LBC
From: "Bob McLaughlin" <bob@mclaughlin.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:46:49 -0800
Guess everyone has a story;  Mine just happens to be a good Ford experience.
I bought a 1988 Taurus wagon (3.0 L V6) new.  I put just about 300,000 miles
on that car.  I gave it away to a local charity last fall, still running.  I
never put anything other than what I consider normal maintenance into the
car.  Brakes and rotors, couple of starters, belts and hoses, etc.

I also have a 1991 Ford Ranger at 100,000 miles that I just gave to my 16
year old to drive.  Same story there too, normal maintenance.

Perhaps quality has slipped in the last decade, but I can't complain...