Re: ford bashing

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: ford bashing
From: "mahutchinson" <mahutchinson@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:33:21 -0600
Cc: "The Usual Suspects" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Fred,

I will disagree with your statement that Ford and other auto makers do not
have training centers and limited updates.  I have worked for each of the
big three US car companies and have been to each of their regional training
centers for Missouri.  They do, as you state, have service bulletins.  Also,
each of them have an online system for searching bulletins.

I will agree that proper training is a problem.  Part of this stems from the
fact that HS guidance counselors still steer the "dumb" kids towards tech
schools.  If you start out behind the game, you pretty well end up there
too.

Michael Hutchinson
ASE Certified Master Auto Technician plus L1