TR3A 9 inch rear brakes - retaining pins

Subject: TR3A 9 inch rear brakes - retaining pins
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:17:47 -0500
When I disassembled the nine-inch rear brakes [not appropriate to my build
number, but shoes & drums are available] there were no retaining pins.  Other
items were also missing from this former parts car.  Are they really needed?
Putting the springs on the inboard side of the shoes holds the shoes against
the backing plate.  Is there an issue with the shoes "wandering around" in
use?

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]