TR4 turn lights

To: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net i1MI8D8A000344
Subject: TR4 turn lights
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:05:38 -0500
Message text written by "Tim I. Purdy"
>Yesterday, picked up the TR4 from paint shop.  Looks great.  Going down
the
road though, I noticed I turn indicators lights don't work at all.  I
checked
the fuses, everything there is fine.  Me with my minimal Lucas engineering
skills, where do I go from here?  Headlights do work, and I believe the
brake
lights, not sure, since I need another person to be around to check, but
the
ammeter always does a little giggle when I put on the brakes.
<

Since the brake lamps, heater and wipers work off the same fuse and if
those work you can rule out the fuse.  Next check the flasher and
finallycheck the turn signal switch itself.  If those check out check the
bulbs and the ground connections in the lamps.

Also check out all wiring connections.  On a 40 year old car connections
can get a thin layer of corrosion that will interfere with proper
operation.  And if the paint shop jostled the warness during the masking
operation causing the problem, a little wiggling of the same connections
will restore operation,

Good luck

Dave