Re: Shipping body parts?

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shipping body parts?
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:26:25 -0800
| So how does one ship such an item?  Just stick a label on it somewhere and
| haul it down to UPS?  Wrap it in cardboard, build a crate, ship it via
truck
| or Greyhound or ??  And what are some example prices for doing so?

Mark, I have had a TR3 front apron shipped to me in a custom made plywood
and 2x4 box.  I've had a pair of fiberglass fenders shipped to me carefully
wrapped in cardboard and tape which closely resembled a box.  I just got a
windshield delivered from Victoria British (winter sale) that was wrapped in
8 inches of foam on all sides and shipped in what looks like a 18 inch by 5
foot by 24 inch box.  All sent via UPS.  Can't say what the prices were.

I'll send you a picture of the front apron box in a separate email, but I
suspect that your filters will keep the attachment from going through.  It
was a very creative way of packaging, although I suspect that the weight of
the wood added significantly to the shipping cost.

Paul W.
Torrance, CA