RE: What are these chromed crosshead screws?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What are these chromed crosshead screws?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:40:40 -0800
> While trawling through a bag full of old nuts & bolts that came with the
> car, I came across eight chromed UNC crosshead screws of about 1" long:
> http://www.intuh.net/screws.jpg
>
> I can't place these screws. Does anybody recognise them as TR3A parts? Or
> are they completely unrelated to the car?

I don't believe they are original TR3A parts ... but AMCO used bolts like
those for some of their add-ons like bumper bars and maybe luggage racks.

In fact, I bought a box of them last year to replace some of the missing
bolts in the bumper bars on my Stag.  Not sure if the originals were chrome
or stainless, but I bought stainless.

Randall